HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 22 April 2013

Old Pictures

Posted on 04:34 by Unknown
Finally, I have some old pictures to post.  This is a picture of dad's family, probably when Uncle Roy was about 10 or so in the front to dad on the back right in his 20's I think.  You notice Grandpa George B. Winkle with his 'spenders on beside Grandma Mamie, surrounded by the famous seven sisters, Florence on the left, Mildred, Ruby, Claudia, Betty, Jane, and Winnifred Winkle.

This is Aunt Jane who passed away this spring at 90 years old.  I think the picture says 1944.  This is the Farmall Regular dad learned on and always talked about.  I see they used stale seedbeds and she must be harrowing for planting.  I don't know where there is a field that is flat.  I wonder how much erosion has occurred.  I always thought dad did a good job with that!

This is my Aunt Jane holding me as a baby in front of the house I was raised in Sardinia, Ohio.  This should be 1950 and that is my room at the top left and I think Linda was in the top right.  Maybe she can correct me on that if I am wrong.  We called this the Civil War house on the Bare Plantation.  It was torn down in 1956 or so.

This is my dad on the left, me in the middle and Uncle Roy on the right.  Jane is talking to us at some family get together at the Zimmerman house on Miami Road, Cincinnati and I don't know the year.  I have that ugly Ohio Certified Seed Inspection hat on as LuAnn calls it.  I never looked good in John Deere colors!  I started there in 1985 so I know it is after that.  This will be my 29th year with them and that does not seem possible.

Thank you cousin Jenny Wilkerson, Jane's youngest daughter for sharing these from California.

Now you know some Winkle family history in Brown County, Ohio!

Ed 

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (29)
      • Starting Farming
      • Nitrogen On Soybeans
      • Earthworms
      • Questions
      • Grandpa
      • Knee Surgery
      • Gossip
      • Every Day Is Earth Day
      • Old Pictures
      • Purple Cross With A Red Tail
      • Entropy
      • Breaking News In Corn Fertility
      • Sugar Email
      • How Much Did It Rain?
      • It's Been A Hard Week
      • Septic 101
      • The Power Of The Ringtone
      • Sugar
      • Why Farmer's DON'T Plant GMO
      • The Hairs On Our Head
      • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
      • Feeding Blueberries
      • Indy
      • Estate Planning
      • The Man In My Window
      • High Speed Rail
      • The Seed Is Worth More Than The Planter
      • Doctor Asked ME A Question
      • Proposed Ohio Fertilizer Law
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile