HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Indy

Posted on 09:46 by Unknown
I found this in my draft file and it may be a repeat but it's worth repeating, like this picture of Gleaner combines working in Kansas nearly 100 years ago..  We had the best time with God this morning at my Sunday morning group and at Mass.  It is was special.  I have so many special times in my life.

"It's time to pack up and head for Indy.   Indianapolis is such a wonderful city.  When I get west of it I am in real farm country.  Part of me doesn't want to go.  Can you believe that?  Yes, it's a lot of work and responsibility.  So, LuAnn, yes, even little ole me doesn't even want to leave home some days!

I wrote that Tuesday January 8 or whatever date that was.  I am glad I went because I got to be part of one powerful conference.  A record 1158 people showed up and 530 were newcomers!

It was so humbling to have young and old farmers look me up just to say I wanted to shake your hand.  After all the blogs and all my posts on NewAgTalk, I have stimulated a few farmers to think outside the box.  They really appreciate that, especially when they find a new farming method or find out why something isn't working on their farm.

Ed Harnish of Pennsylvania was one of those.  I looked at him and would have bet money we had met before.  He said we hadn't.  The neat thing was his son reads my words too and they discuss it as a team.  That is really cool.

I heard this time and again.  It is amazing how that conference has blossomed in 21 years to the premier NoTill Conference of the world.  I became a tiny part of that when a farmer from Illinois nominated me for NoTill Innovator of the Year and I was selected.  My life has never been the same.  All this work helped me to be asked to come to New Zealand to help teach the notill concept and refine it.  Now I get to come back again and visit Australia for the first time!

I can't say much of me wants to stay in Martinsville today!  Sable will be cozy at Cozy Pets in single digit weather next week and the house re-modelers and sheriffs will be taking over the farm while we are gone.  Thank you Lord for answered prayer!  Everyone did a good job!

Shannon always tells us she hates to see us go because the weather always goes to hell when we leave!  Some of our worst winter storms seems to come when we travel and the same thing happens to LuAnn while I am gone.

What can I share with you that will make you money or make your life easier this year?  What can you share with me?  I will be answering a few emails while we are gone but mostly we will be clear and free of any contacts.  That's the only way I can really appreciate travel and that is to focus on it.  So, if you have a question, write it down and work on it and maybe we can refine it in March.  Remember a year ago some of our best planting days were in March!

Blessings to you the minute your read this.  Just think, I may be reliving the picture in Chris's field when you read this!"

That all actually happened!

Ed Winkle
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ▼  April (29)
      • Starting Farming
      • Nitrogen On Soybeans
      • Earthworms
      • Questions
      • Grandpa
      • Knee Surgery
      • Gossip
      • Every Day Is Earth Day
      • Old Pictures
      • Purple Cross With A Red Tail
      • Entropy
      • Breaking News In Corn Fertility
      • Sugar Email
      • How Much Did It Rain?
      • It's Been A Hard Week
      • Septic 101
      • The Power Of The Ringtone
      • Sugar
      • Why Farmer's DON'T Plant GMO
      • The Hairs On Our Head
      • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
      • Feeding Blueberries
      • Indy
      • Estate Planning
      • The Man In My Window
      • High Speed Rail
      • The Seed Is Worth More Than The Planter
      • Doctor Asked ME A Question
      • Proposed Ohio Fertilizer Law
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile