HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Two Good Men

Posted on 05:33 by Unknown
I need two good men today.  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available.

I just sent a garbage bag full of jackets and winter coats to Turning Point this morning.  LuAnn has a good worker who doesn't have enough (any?)coats so I fixed him up.  Tractor Supply has a sale on Carhartt's this week and I love new Carhartt's.  It's amazing what you accumulate over time.

Everytime we travel west or east to Pennsylvania we stop at Cabela's.  I usually end up buying a coat on sale.  The next thing you know, they won't all fit in our mudroom closet.  I just cleaned mine out and it is still pretty full.

I need to do that with shoes, too.  I have a bunch of good workboots I can't wear comfortably anymore and there is always someone around here who can use a pair.  10 years ago you couldn't give away this stuff and now it's in high demand.  There is the American economy for you in Ohio right there.

HOPE Emergency does a good job of distributing these goods to local, needy people.  We like helping them.  This is their busy week to try and get a Thanksgiving meal to all of their families.  I think the number is around 400 right now.  The local churches and other groups have been accepting donations for a month or so now.

Those barns housed a lumber store years ago that should have never been built out in the country.  It went belly up and a friend of mine bought it.  I forget the story how the sisters ended up with it but it must be on their website somewhere.

This was brought up on ag talk this week.  "Had a little farm got sold today 67 acres +or- only 52 tillable in 4 fields with a power line running through the biggest field is 17 acres and the smallest is 7 acres trees on 3 sides, a farm place in the middle of it that is sold to someone else no tile and light soils and rolling ground sold today for around $9700.00 an acre tillable and the farmer that bought will have to buy new equipment to farm it because his equipment is to big for it. The 2 guys that bid against each other I heard do not like each other. I wonder who one the fight?"

There are others who have been reporting actual fist fights over land rental and purchase.  That's not a good sign!  I told them to come to poor old Ohio where 84 acres sold for $3250 per acre last week and 440 acres of rough ground only brought $500,000.  Some people can't believe that but it's true.

I better get to work.  You have a good day.

Ed






Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ▼  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Permafrost Is Melting
      • Hot Cider And Firewood
      • Organic Matter
      • Land Capability Classes
      • Diner, Not Designer
      • Land Bid
      • Making A Farm Cash Flow
      • What Is Your Motivation To Buy Land?
      • 1977
      • 100 Today
      • Two Good Men
      • Blessings
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile