HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 25 February 2013

What Is New?

Posted on 04:43 by Unknown
You know how you talk when you see an old friend and you ask what is new?  What is new, blog readers?  I've lost touch with what most of you are doing.  What is new under the sun?  I have been reading Solomon some and trying to understand his ancient but valid writings.  It is almost the season to plant again so I asked a question on Crop Talk, would you plant in March again?

There was the most beautiful full and yellow moon out the wood porch when I got up this morning.  That is quite unusual as the moon is usually on the other side of the farm over by neighbor Darrell's house.  He called me and asked what was up since the farm was lit up like a runway while we were gone.  That contractor sure likes to burn my electricity!  I have to pay him AND the electric company!  I don't think he figured that out.

Matt called with great news of all of his FFA activities.  His students won district Extemporaneous and Prepared sections.  I don't ever remember that happening in my lifetime but maybe it did.  My best speakers over 24 years had difficulty winning a district contest.  This region is always so competitive in every FFA event that it is not uncommon to get a state or even national winner.  It was good to see FFA have a great National FFA Week last week.

I woke up singing Waltzing Matilda.  I hadn't heard that song in years until our ship pulled into the port at Adelaide.  It turns out that I have many NAT friends within 100 miles of Adelaide.  I don't know if I will ever get to meet them or not.  We were fortunate to pull off this trip.  The stars had to align just right.

I am starting to forget what Adelaide, Esperance and Albany looked like.  We are going to have to download our pictures and upload some to Facebook.  That's the easiest way for us to share them at this point.

We are just barely surviving and adjusting to our torn up home.  This seemed like such a great idea to try and remodel while we were gone until they ran into all those unforeseen problems.

I am going back to the doctor today.  I need to just get feeling better.  My bronchitis is back with vengeance.

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • This Is Interesting
      • No DSL
      • "Won't Be Missed"
      • What Is New?
      • Thankful
      • Walking Corn Fields in January
      • Vacation By Committee
      • It's 2 AM Local Time
      • Running Behind
      • Alignment Of The Stars
      • Around The World in 30 Days!
      • Perth
      • Lentils for Lent, Crème for Carême
      • Climate Change by the USDA
      • World Wide Wheat
      • European agriculture subsidies
      • Reversing farmer demographics
      • Humans smell like an old Beatles record
      • USDA 2013 crop returns
      • Demolition
      • Fracking and farming
      • AM Radio
      • Wikipedia and answers.com
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile