HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Running Behind

Posted on 04:18 by Unknown
I just apologized for sending a response to a question to the wrong email address.  I told him we waited for 16 hours to board the first plane home, flew 10 hours, waited 3 hours for the next leg, flew 14 hours, missed our plane to Cincinnati and waited another 4 hours, flew 2 hours home then 3 hours to get our bags and drive home to finally get in bed.  No wonder we are running behind!  Our biological clocks are definitely challenged.  Still, we are eating and sleeping at the proper times at home so our clocks are getting re-set.

LuAnn has done very well at work but fell asleep in her chair when she got home Monday.  We both slept the short flight from JFK to Cincinnati and we never do that.  Our bodies are that tired.  We both awake at the wrong times in the middle of the night but we are slowly being able to fall back asleep as our clocks adjust.  Getting back on schedule is a real and earnest task and jet lag is for real.  Everyone deals with it differently.

It looks like the lower plains will get some needed moisture in the form of snow.  That is not positive news for higher grain markets but beans went up 48 cents yesterday!  It snowed a little here last night and it is cold and windy so the wind chills are single digits  We have almost 11 hours of daylight now.  I wonder what the weather will be like in 6 months while my crops are growing.

Hopefully we get LuAnn's Rendezvous back from Jason tonight after the deer incident.  We saw on the news last night that they had to stop a golf match in Australia while 8 foot tall kangaroo's crossed the course.  Hitting one of those with the car might be worse than the deer she found!

The home remodeling is progressing very slowly as the coats are applied to the new drywall to get ready for painting.  Finding all the problems after demolition of walls and ceilings have moved completion back, almost beyond tolerance.  It is what it is though and we are trying to hang on and stay positive.  When you can't use your kitchen and have been eating out for a month already, it's pretty challenging.

Fortunately I have not ran behind on paying my bills.  We had everything set so accounts would be paid on time while we are gone.  We burned a lot more propane while we were gone than I had planned so it must have been really cold here in good ole Martinsville, Ohio!

I am answering emails so fire away.  Maybe I can get my replacement cell phone today between the other appointments.  Have a great day!

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • This Is Interesting
      • No DSL
      • "Won't Be Missed"
      • What Is New?
      • Thankful
      • Walking Corn Fields in January
      • Vacation By Committee
      • It's 2 AM Local Time
      • Running Behind
      • Alignment Of The Stars
      • Around The World in 30 Days!
      • Perth
      • Lentils for Lent, Crème for Carême
      • Climate Change by the USDA
      • World Wide Wheat
      • European agriculture subsidies
      • Reversing farmer demographics
      • Humans smell like an old Beatles record
      • USDA 2013 crop returns
      • Demolition
      • Fracking and farming
      • AM Radio
      • Wikipedia and answers.com
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile