HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Humans smell like an old Beatles record

Posted on 05:56 by Unknown
Humans apparently smell like an old Beatles LP. That is, we smell in mono, while we see and hear in stereo. Moles, on the other hand, have a sense of smell that is bidimensional, allowing them to pinpoint with accuracy the location of that delicious earthworm by smell only.

This is the discovery published by scientists yesterday, and the video in the article is amazing.

I already knew moles were amazing, with this faculty they have to make earthworm zombies (I wish movie makers would take their inspiration from wild life) by biting their rear end to paralyze them. These earthworms are then moved to a special pantry hole, where they form a ball of slowly wriggling and entwined worms used for snacks later.

Hard to whack a mole anymore, you get to like the critters after you know so much about them. In Findhorn, Scotland, they got rid of them from their garden by praying to the deva of the mole. Hare, Hare!

Chimel.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • This Is Interesting
      • No DSL
      • "Won't Be Missed"
      • What Is New?
      • Thankful
      • Walking Corn Fields in January
      • Vacation By Committee
      • It's 2 AM Local Time
      • Running Behind
      • Alignment Of The Stars
      • Around The World in 30 Days!
      • Perth
      • Lentils for Lent, Crème for Carême
      • Climate Change by the USDA
      • World Wide Wheat
      • European agriculture subsidies
      • Reversing farmer demographics
      • Humans smell like an old Beatles record
      • USDA 2013 crop returns
      • Demolition
      • Fracking and farming
      • AM Radio
      • Wikipedia and answers.com
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile