HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

No DSL

Posted on 11:31 by Unknown
LOL, thanks readers!   I have 3 comments with no blog text!  That is a first!

Frontier doesn't like the idea of shutting down the landline, I guess.  We went to the Verizon store Saturday and started the process of putting our landline number on their hotspot.  That has happened and if you call the home phone number now, it works.

Unfortuantely my DSL died at the same time.  They promised that wouldn't happen, LOL.  I knew it would.  Landline and DSL share a common line, you know but I played along like this was all going to work.  Here I sit in a public library with a lonely dog at home in the snow while I try to access my accounts.

For someone who does not treasure change, I sure am going through a lot of it.  Maybe that new walk in shower upstairs will be worth all of this.  That is where it started, you know.  The O ring in the old bathtub broke and leaked water onto the kitchen ceiling and years and thousands of dollars later here I sit.  It's all connected, though you wouldn't know it if I didn't tell you.

I wonder how our friends in Iowa are doing?  Better than this, I hope, though hog and cattle chores in winter were never that fun for me.  They were excting for sure but that is for younger bodies than we own now.

I haven't been able to read enough email to see how you all are doing.  You are all doing well, I trust.  The news is focused on the terrible sequester cuts we really need anyhow and everyone is worried about a new Pope when the former one is still alive.  A lot to do about nothing, I am sure.

I am still not up to par.  I can't get all of the congestion out of my lungs and it leaves me coughing, though less and less, and tired.  I haven't had the energy to do much anything but try and cope with all of the changes at home that require a lot of noise and dust.  A peaceful plact, it has not been.

Here's hoping the best for you and Internet service for me!  That's all I need right now in the comfort, cough, cough, of my own home!

I better get home, I think Sable might need a cool drink and a Puparoni!

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • This Is Interesting
      • No DSL
      • "Won't Be Missed"
      • What Is New?
      • Thankful
      • Walking Corn Fields in January
      • Vacation By Committee
      • It's 2 AM Local Time
      • Running Behind
      • Alignment Of The Stars
      • Around The World in 30 Days!
      • Perth
      • Lentils for Lent, Crème for Carême
      • Climate Change by the USDA
      • World Wide Wheat
      • European agriculture subsidies
      • Reversing farmer demographics
      • Humans smell like an old Beatles record
      • USDA 2013 crop returns
      • Demolition
      • Fracking and farming
      • AM Radio
      • Wikipedia and answers.com
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile