HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Alignment Of The Stars

Posted on 02:49 by Unknown
My biological clock is off a bit and I am wide awake at 4 AM.  I mosied down to the computer trying not to awaken Sleeping Beauty.  I turned it on and noticed a beautiful Google image this morning.  It's to recognize the birth of Niklaus Copernicus, one of the great mathematicians of all time.  Take time to read his story if you can.

I also learned of the passing of Dr. Dan Skow, DVM.  You may have heard of him or may not but he was also on the quest of nutrient dense foods for animal and human health and profitable farming.  I hope we are all on that quest.  We are losing a lot of the great minds and strong voices just like Copernicus' day.

It was 15 degrees at this hour Sunday morning and 24 yesterday.  Today it is 42 degrees with those strong winds from the south.  It's up and down and all around and reminds me of a drought year again this morning for some reason.

There is so much uncertainty in the market place that the drought conditions have not made the market run much this winter but down.  I should have bought puts the day I bought calls.  I was convinced the market is going to make a strong run up and it has made no indication of it.  Any bit of news though can send this thing either direction.  It's hard to plan when market conditions like this exist but I am still an optimist.

The average temperature of the places we traveled down under are around 60 degrees F.  It's a whole 'nother world down there with completely different location, geology and climate.  That alone makes it hard to compare to the states though we grow a lot of the same crops the same way both places.

Our trip must have been in alignment of the stars, too.  Once again it was about picture perfect.  We got to thinking we have seen the 50 states, most of Canada, 40 National Parks and 40 or so countries on 10 camping trips, 7 ocean cruises, 2 European river cruises and such.  That's a lot of traveling in 10 years.

Are we richer for it?  I think so.  It cost enough to buy another farm so I guess that separates us from the home bodies who own more land but travel less.  I didn't want to die without seeing the world first.  Today I can tell you I am satisfied with what I have seen but we are both so curious that when the travel bug bites we respond.

It is Lent.  We did get our ashes on the ship.  It's time to pray, fast and give alms.  I do better at 2 out of those 3.  I am thankful to have never suffered hunger like most people in history have.

I have never had to suffer hunger.  I am part of American Agriculture.

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ▼  February (23)
      • This Is Interesting
      • No DSL
      • "Won't Be Missed"
      • What Is New?
      • Thankful
      • Walking Corn Fields in January
      • Vacation By Committee
      • It's 2 AM Local Time
      • Running Behind
      • Alignment Of The Stars
      • Around The World in 30 Days!
      • Perth
      • Lentils for Lent, Crème for Carême
      • Climate Change by the USDA
      • World Wide Wheat
      • European agriculture subsidies
      • Reversing farmer demographics
      • Humans smell like an old Beatles record
      • USDA 2013 crop returns
      • Demolition
      • Fracking and farming
      • AM Radio
      • Wikipedia and answers.com
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile