HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 29 March 2013

Miltary Protection Acts on Good Friday

Posted on 09:25 by Unknown
I read Mike Huckabee on Facebook almost every day.  I voted for Mike and wish he was our president.  He made a  post this morning that made me think of all our military people and all of their service to our country over its short history.

"This morning I'd like to do something special for the men and women who are serving in our armed forces away from home this Easter weekend. If you have a loved one or a friend who is serving, please list their name below as a comment to this post. I ask that everyone else thank these men and women by replying to these comments. I will try to thank as many as I can because their sacrifice keeps us free. May God bless you and your families."

We have one military man in our family.  He survived 2 tours to the Middle East to come home permanently injured from his service so he can try and live a normal life with his beautiful family.  I feel very humble with sincere gratitude for his service and for the service of all soldiers.  I can't ever repay their gift but I can give thanks for it this Good Friday and Easter weekend.

What is the meaning of Good Friday?  " The origin of the term Good is not clear. Some say it is from "God's Friday" (Gottes Freitag); others maintain that it is from the German Gute Freitag, and not specially English. Sometimes, too, the day was called Long Friday by the Anglo-Saxons; so today in Denmark"

The good in Greek means obedience to God's Will.  God took something horrible that happened on Good Friday into something great for mankind forever beyond that day.  For both, I give thanks!

One old saying is plant crops on Good Friday for good crops.  I think that depends where you live!  Last year was a good day to plant and now that our snow is melting off it looks like we could plant in a few weeks.  Has anyone planted their potatoes or peas?  It's not been fit here but has other places in the US and the world.

I have the freedom to do a lot of things I take for granted.  Today, I honor our soldiers who have kept us free and our Lord who has given us Eternal Freedom.

Ed Winkle


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ▼  March (30)
      • Farmland Sale Socioeconomics
      • Tax Management
      • Miltary Protection Acts on Good Friday
      • Mosanto Protection Act
      • Mentors
      • MRI
      • Snow, Poor Man's Fertilizer
      • Will The Wheat Freeze?
      • Sable Ticked The Birds Off
      • Who Will Be My 100th Follower?
      • Calcium Nitrate
      • 83 Degrees A Year Ago
      • Table Of Saint Joseph
      • Spring Must Be Close
      • The Next Advancement in Corn Yield?
      • The Mustard Seed
      • Buyer's Remorse Blues
      • Magnesium
      • Ca, N, S
      • Soil Rhizobium Counts
      • Bible Bee
      • Kitchen Sink Study
      • My Email Warmed Up
      • The Next Big Thing
      • Those Crystals!
      • High Yield Soybeans
      • Heavy Frost
      • Happiness
      • WOSU Became WVSG
      • Zoo
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile