HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 23 March 2013

Sable Ticked The Birds Off

Posted on 04:19 by Unknown
We have had to park on the west side of the house thanks to all of the construction trucks in our driveway.  As you know, Sable loves to chase birds.  She thinks she is protecting us by keeping them away.  She really made them mad during the last chase.

She finally came to the house out of breath and rested a bit.  Later, I went to go to town in my shiny "purple plum," and it wasn't shiny anymore!  Those angry birds plastered it good!

Sable has been quite confused with all of the people and all of the noise of construction.  There must be 10 different people in and out of here in a week.  I will put her out and she will follow another worker in the front door with his hands full of work.

Fortunately, Sable earns her keep as a watch dog.  Most people are afraid of her until I come to greet them.  If they are just a little bit questionable, she picks right up on that and won't leave them alone.

LuAnn wants to keep her out of the living room.  She has learned bad habits following these workers in the front door.  We need a good dog gate at the kitchen entrance and her office entrance.  She has done her business in the wrong part of the house a few too many times when we didn't get up to let her out.

Sable is the best scouting dog I ever had.  She loves to scout fields with me and protects me from anything she sees or hears.

Sable is the most stay by your side, protective dog I've ever owned.  She is not happy if she is not with one of us.  That is good but can be bad.  We just can't be by her side all the time and when we aren't she can get into mischief.

She sure did today.  She cost me a wash job on the purple plum.  What's worse, I saw a big, fat and surely sick skunk wondering all over the waterway in the field across from the house.  I should have plugged it right there and put it out of its misery.  Instead, I forgot about it and we decided to take a walk that direction after dinner.  You guessed it, it hadn't wandered very far and poor Sable got skunked before we could notice.  LuAnn saw the vapor cloud, I didn't.  She is quick though and she just got enough on her to have to sleep outside last night.

She paid us back by barking at the coyotes in the moonlight last night.  She rarely sleeps outside, maybe 5-10 nights in 4 years?  I feel sorry for her.  If I had just shot that nasty beast.

I have plenty more Sable stories but she hit the headlines today.  What's your favorite dog story today?

Ed Winkle
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ▼  March (30)
      • Farmland Sale Socioeconomics
      • Tax Management
      • Miltary Protection Acts on Good Friday
      • Mosanto Protection Act
      • Mentors
      • MRI
      • Snow, Poor Man's Fertilizer
      • Will The Wheat Freeze?
      • Sable Ticked The Birds Off
      • Who Will Be My 100th Follower?
      • Calcium Nitrate
      • 83 Degrees A Year Ago
      • Table Of Saint Joseph
      • Spring Must Be Close
      • The Next Advancement in Corn Yield?
      • The Mustard Seed
      • Buyer's Remorse Blues
      • Magnesium
      • Ca, N, S
      • Soil Rhizobium Counts
      • Bible Bee
      • Kitchen Sink Study
      • My Email Warmed Up
      • The Next Big Thing
      • Those Crystals!
      • High Yield Soybeans
      • Heavy Frost
      • Happiness
      • WOSU Became WVSG
      • Zoo
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile