HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 8 August 2013

Meals In The Fields

Posted on 05:33 by Unknown
Finally, the big day is here.  Tomorrow we are hosting up to 300 folks we don't know for Leadership Clinton's Dinner In The Fields.  It came from the Dinner In The Field idea that started out west, I think California or Colorado.  I keep calling it Meal in the Field for some reason.

Actually I bet we do know a lot of these people, we just don't know who is coming yet.  The volunteers will be preparing beef, pork and chicken and all the side dishes from Clinton County production.  That is a neat concept in itself, talk about buying local!

It must have been a weak moment or too much pride when I convinced LuAnn we could do this.  This is the fifth annual event and they have been asking us to participate the last two years.  We finally succumbed to the offer.

I have to say the 1880 farmstead has never looked any better since we've lived here, although I still have 4 buildings that need paint.  The double rainfall of 2011 really took a toll on the paint and there is some green at the bottom.  The landscape is about as good as I can get it and take care of.  Thanks to Graham, Luke and all who have helped!

I wonder who we will meet on our farm?  I don't have up my sign yet that says, God's Farm, Temporary Caretakers so I guess I will have to say it verbally.  The gardens and grounds look pretty good but a few buildings and the paint could stand paint.  I just can't get that all done in one summer.

I am sure they will enjoy this place though just like we have.  Even if it's pouring down rain, it's a pretty cool place to live and meet.  Urban meets Rural tomorrow and we have done our best to make them welcome.

I turn this all over to you dear Lord as you are always in charge anyway.

Ed Winkle


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ▼  August (31)
      • Cover Crop Vaccine
      • What Harvest?
      • $800 Cruise
      • Crop Tour 8/26/13
      • Holy Cow, What A Haul!
      • When Moms Talk Back
      • Two Million Bikers
      • Mule, Gator or Ranger?
      • Why China’s farming sector is failing
      • Brown Revolution
      • Ancient agriculture
      • Renewable Fuel Standard
      • Radish Powered Garden
      • Farmers Talking Markets
      • Is Soy Really A Good Food?
      • Vinegar On Soybeans
      • Fall Fertilizer
      • 118 Bushel Soybeans
      • Dr. Richard Cooper
      • Emily Elizabeth Winkle
      • Very Good Dinner
      • Almost Dinner Time
      • Rhizopogon
      • Meals In The Fields
      • 36 Bushels?
      • Quick Test For Goss's Wilt
      • The Pig Of Pampering And Prayer
      • Nodulation
      • Apex
      • What Truck Do You Drive?
      • Ohio Agriculture
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile