HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 29 August 2013

$800 Cruise

Posted on 04:47 by Unknown

We usually take a trip in August and we were running out of time.  I offered to swing by LuAnn's mother's place on the way to Quebec.  Those farmers came to visit me a few years ago and invited us up to their farms.  We have friends in West Bend Wisconsin we've been wanted to visit since they have been to our house.  We could go to the Upper Peninsula on the way which we also like.

LuAnn said that sounds too much like work and we've worked hard since February.  She got on Norwegian Cruise Lines and found a balcony cabin to Alaska for $800.  I forced my credit card into her hand.  In an hour, we had the trip all set up.

Our first trip to our 49th state was this time in 2009.  It was a very special and memorable trip and just the thought of it made me jump at the chance to do it again.  It's the perfect time to visit Alaska temperature and I think beauty wise, too.  This time she wants to hire a float plane to go look for Grizzly's.  I asked, are you sure?  The last time we were in a single engine plane I thought she was going to throw me out the door of it.  Our pilot friend asked if we wanted to see anything else and I said "swing down over mom's farm 20 miles away."  I didn't know she was sick in the back seat but I quickly found out!


It's been a very busy year and we are both ready to get away.  There is so much beauty in the world it is hard to stay home all the time but it's beautiful here, too.  Late summer and fall is special in the Midwest and I do love it.  It's pretty nice anywhere north of the equator this time of the year, too.  We will be closer to the Arctic circle and the North Pole and it's a great time to be there.  My friend Eddie the school counselor can have it the rest of the year!

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ▼  August (31)
      • Cover Crop Vaccine
      • What Harvest?
      • $800 Cruise
      • Crop Tour 8/26/13
      • Holy Cow, What A Haul!
      • When Moms Talk Back
      • Two Million Bikers
      • Mule, Gator or Ranger?
      • Why China’s farming sector is failing
      • Brown Revolution
      • Ancient agriculture
      • Renewable Fuel Standard
      • Radish Powered Garden
      • Farmers Talking Markets
      • Is Soy Really A Good Food?
      • Vinegar On Soybeans
      • Fall Fertilizer
      • 118 Bushel Soybeans
      • Dr. Richard Cooper
      • Emily Elizabeth Winkle
      • Very Good Dinner
      • Almost Dinner Time
      • Rhizopogon
      • Meals In The Fields
      • 36 Bushels?
      • Quick Test For Goss's Wilt
      • The Pig Of Pampering And Prayer
      • Nodulation
      • Apex
      • What Truck Do You Drive?
      • Ohio Agriculture
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile