HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 3 January 2013

A Deer Hit My Car!

Posted on 07:19 by Unknown
This is not my truck or LuAnn's car but the title is the call I got this morning soon after LuAnn headed east for Hillsboro.  We sure didn't expect that today!  I told her to come home and get my Dakota and she thought I said stay there and call the patrol.  After many hours passed it seemed and after many unanswered calls she called back and said I don't think they are coming, bring the truck and you can take the car home.

The state patrol finally showed up and she said the officer was great and sympathetic.  He said they are getting record calls on deer accidents right now.  I took the car to our lifelong friend Jason Tussey at Tussey Collision and Frame and he says the same thing.  He is backed up too.  He asked why we wouldn't space these out better?

It's funny, I just saw how this topic was my number one all time read blog.  Little has changed but the day and the year!  I would say she hit a 2-300 pounder right in the center of her left headlight, it swung it around and broke the heavy plastic wheel cover, the butt hit the door hard enough it leaks air now.  The front end shimmied noticeably on the way to the body shop.  LuAnn is a very good driver and had the reflexes to miss another potentially fatal accident.

I told Jason he has us well trained.  LuAnn picked up a handful of fur for evidence off the side of the road and put it in the cupholder.  He laughed on that one, we have a family story about a supposed deer accident with no evidence and a dog with fur that looks like a deer!  I forgot to ask but I bet it pushes $3000 for a claim.  It even broke our new $20 coffee mug and I have a story about that too!

The day LuAnn almost got hit head on took out the right headlight and today's deer took out the left one.  The deer cost farmers millions in crop damage and drivers millions in insurance claims.  It could have potentially killed her if it would have come through the windshield and the Rendezvous is built perfectly for that!

So I publicly thank her Guardian Angel, yes we believe in Saints and Angels as they help us every day.  We both laughed too bad it didn't happen to Old Red, my oldest Dakota but it would have really had to have been a bad day for her to be driving that thing!  It hit the newest vehicle in our fleet so we will just grab another vehicle and go.

We are blessed like that.

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ▼  January (32)
      • Travel II
      • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
      • The Origin, Distribution and Naming of Alfalfa
      • Awesome Radish
      • Alfalfa Part II
      • Farmer: Independent entrepreneur or Big Ag employee?
      • 689YKY
      • Scouting Corn South Island
      • 'Messing' with biotech the right way
      • Arrival New Zealand
      • 15 Billions 2012 Crop Insurance
      • Gypsum
      • Do-nothing farming
      • We Can Do Better, Farmers!
      • Herman Warsaw
      • Details
      • The Old Wood Stove
      • Dogs DO Eat Avocado!
      • CSI Agronomy
      • Prayer
      • Dr. Jerry Hatfield
      • Stuctured Water
      • Harry, Henry and Floyd
      • Day 1
      • Travel
      • Death and Tractors
      • Charity and Humility
      • UPS
      • NNTC
      • A Deer Hit My Car!
      • Early
      • Thanks
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile