HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 26 January 2013

689YKY

Posted on 07:18 by Unknown
That's the new license plate number on my purple plumb, 2004 Dodge Dakota.  Ryan hangin' on like a hair on a biscuit" Daugherty ran a carfax on it for me yesterday as he had some expiring.  I suppose he has been looking for another ride, too.  Anyway, LuAnn just calls after walking the parking lot, laughing at herself.  She had walked up to it thinking that's where she parked it but she saw the license plate and though it was from KENTUCKY!  Roll on the floor laughing or whatever you want here because we both got a big kick out of it.  I laugh at myself almost every day.

It's a new style plate with a blue background.  With the yellow FFA emblem on, I mean corn gold, it does look like a foreign plate at first glance.  She is used to looking for AF47LJ on the old red and white plate on Ole Red.  Ole Red got a new home last night.  I am handing it over the trusted hands of Charles, another Charles who needs a ride.  He has worked his butt of to get back financially where he can drive again.  I like him so I helped him out with a deal no one good refuse.

The worst thing is though I had to put a $120 starter on the darned thing, couldn't send it away like that.  I have been getting by on the bad starter and disappearing antifreeze for a year now.  It still runs good and I think he can get a couple of years out of it.  Those little trucks make 200,000 miles pretty easily and 300,000 if you are careful.  After that, they are pretty much junk or parts.

Tara called me worrying about getting her mother into Dubais and out safely.  She doesn't think her mother and be quiet and not look at Saudi's like Shariah law says.  She thinks we will be kept for investigation.  I said you have to give up those fears!  People go through that airport every day and you don't see anyone on the news!  That's my point she said, you never hear from them again!  Laugh out loud on that one but I hear her, too.

If I got sick there, LuAnn couldn't leave with my presence so I better not get sick!  I woke up with no voice but I know how to treat that and am.

Lots of my friends are reviewing the Herman Warsaw blog.  I want them to think about soil conservation and deep and balanced nutrient placement.  As Chimel pointed out. there was no GMO corn then and our yields have plateaued shortly after the arrival of them.  I know that any seed corn is in short supply because of the huge demand for seed this year.  Last year was not a stocks builder, either.

Ed.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ▼  January (32)
      • Travel II
      • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
      • The Origin, Distribution and Naming of Alfalfa
      • Awesome Radish
      • Alfalfa Part II
      • Farmer: Independent entrepreneur or Big Ag employee?
      • 689YKY
      • Scouting Corn South Island
      • 'Messing' with biotech the right way
      • Arrival New Zealand
      • 15 Billions 2012 Crop Insurance
      • Gypsum
      • Do-nothing farming
      • We Can Do Better, Farmers!
      • Herman Warsaw
      • Details
      • The Old Wood Stove
      • Dogs DO Eat Avocado!
      • CSI Agronomy
      • Prayer
      • Dr. Jerry Hatfield
      • Stuctured Water
      • Harry, Henry and Floyd
      • Day 1
      • Travel
      • Death and Tractors
      • Charity and Humility
      • UPS
      • NNTC
      • A Deer Hit My Car!
      • Early
      • Thanks
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile