HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Father Loss

Posted on 03:54 by Unknown
Yesterday we talked about soil loss, today let's talk about Father Loss or those with no dad around.  I clicked on the Google image just now and there, it was, it's Father's Day!  But one statistic says one out of three Americans have no father in their life.  That's a sad report on our country. 

A radio piece I heard yesterday was worse.  It linked 60-70% of the major problems our society faces to no dad in the picture.  Earlier in the week, the national media showed this guy who has 22 children with 14 wives and he is in and out of jail.  How are we supposed to pay for that as a society?  How are those women and children supposed to cope with no bread winner as the head of household, let alone as physical and spiritual leader?

"According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 24 million children in America -- one out of three -- live in biological father-absent homes.  Consequently, there is a "father factor" in nearly all of the social issues facing America today."

"Children in father-absent homes are almost four times more likely to be poor. In 2011, 12 percent of children in married-couple families were living in poverty, compared to 44 percent of children in mother-only families.  Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Children’s Living Arrangements and Characteristics: March 2011, Table C8. Washington D.C.: 2011.

In 2008, American poverty rates were 13.2% for the whole population and 19% for children, compared to 28.7% for female-headed households.  Source: Edin, K. & Kissane R. J. (2010). Poverty and the American family: a decade in review. Journal of Marriage and Family, 72, 460-479."

I know my dad wanted a son and I did my darndest to be a good one.  Sometimes I failed but overall it worked out pretty well.  I know LuAnn's dad wanted a daughter and her brothers still call her "Suz" because their dad did.

What if the other party didn't really want the responibility of that child?  Wonder if the child wasn't wanted at all?  Do they run around in this life with no purpose in life?  Look at all many million of unwanted pregnancies has been terminated over the ages?  Or is it billions of people?

If you have a dad that cares about you today, I say thank the Lord.  I hope you plan something nice for your dad even if it is going to the cemetery where he is buried and just say thank you dad, I love you.  That's the best I can do this week if not today.

Happy Father's day to you dads.  I personally know there are a bunch of good ones who read this page.

If you can't do that, I say a little prayer today for you and your dad.

Saint Joseph was a pretty good dad even though he wasn't the father of his son.

Ed Winkle



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ▼  June (30)
      • More Goss
      • The First GMO Was Tobacco
      • Corn Fungicides May Not Pay
      • Growing Older
      • Goodbye 806
      • Goss's Wilt?
      • Crop Scouting Tour to the Northeast
      • Happy Anniversary
      • Race Across America
      • Obama Divides
      • Planting Into Rye
      • $106 Trillion
      • Aussie Cover Crop Blog
      • Preventive Planting Insurance
      • Father Loss
      • Soil Loss
      • Local Harvest
      • My Story
      • Share Your Story
      • Homeschooling
      • Calcium
      • Soybean yields?
      • Root Development of Field Crops
      • Rolling Rye
      • Mud Pies
      • One Big Tree
      • Focus on Wheat
      • Commercial Farming?
      • Thank You Jerry
      • Tracking Phosphorous
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile