HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 16 September 2013

Eight Foods

Posted on 04:39 by Unknown
Maybe eight food additives or processes is a better way to describe this, but I found this very interesting.

"4. Potassium bromate (or bromated flour): Great for impatient bakers, bad for your kidneys and nervous system.  Found in: Wraps, rolls, bread crumbs, bagel chips, flat breads.
Why it’s dangerous: Derived from the same harmful chemical as brominated vegetable oil, brominated flour is used to decrease baking time and reduce costs. Only problem is, it’s linked to kidney damage, cancer, and nervous system damage.
Where it’s banned: Europe, Canada, and China."

We have become pretty cautious shoppers over the years.  Healthy, nutrient dense food is too rare to try and find and pretty expensive!  What we grow in the garden can rarely be topped in the Kroger Garden we normally shop at.

Take a look at the list.  Do you use those food additives?  It's about impossible not to in the states unless you have a very individualized program going.  I don't know anyone who really does except for avoidance of most of this "bad list" which is very difficult to do.  Do you think it's important to avoid them?

LuAnn froze another batch of our big tomato crop yesterday.  I sprayed Crossbow on a few noxious weeds I have left, is this a conflict of interest?

It is not a conflict of interest on a modern day farm or about any property out here in the country.  Residents will have a chance to discuss these things at the Farm Science Review near London, Ohio starting early tomorrow morning.  I might sneak up for a day but the main priority this week is to be at Keith Schlapkohl's farm at Stockton, Iowa for his field day Thursday come rain or shine.  Some of the speakers there are very knowledgeable about healthy nutrient dense food and crops.

I am having computer problems again probably thanks to the huge volume of material I run through each day and not enough time managing it.  I am old school and I store too much stuff.  One good reader prints it out and puts it in a notebook.  I also have notebooks full of these topics.

Hope to see some of you at Farm Science Review or Stockton Iowa Thursday.

Ed Winkle
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (257)
    • ▼  September (20)
      • Field Day Frenzy
      • Iowa
      • Ag Research?
      • What Man Can Do
      • Eight Foods
      • The Scarecrow
      • Ship Soybeans By Air?
      • No More Sidedress?
      • Top Five
      • Ed Winkle Soil
      • Really Turning Now
      • Non GMO Feed Demand Soaring
      • Sampson County North Carolina
      • Alternate crops
      • Final Plans
      • 600 Miles Of No Corn
      • Beautiful Weather
      • Labor Day Weekend
      • The Switch Has Turned
      • The Farm People Are Coming!
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ►  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile