HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 30 December 2012

Holy Family

Posted on 10:24 by Unknown
Did you ever meet a successful person who didn't come from a good family?  You can cite many examples of people who did good from very difficult backgrounds.  This week, this Advent Season I have come to realize the power and importance of the family.  Our example starts with the Holy Family.

The Holy Family is Joseph, Mary, and Jesus.  Can you fathom being the father of the Son of God, the Son of Man?  I have tried to understand it but it's pretty much not comprehendible.  It's a Mystery.  It is such a great example, I try to imitate it just a tiny bit in my daily life.  I have 3 wonderful step children and they have 5 beautiful children between them who count me as grandpa!  If that's not a miracle, just call it a mystery!

It's hard to be "successful" because we don't even agree on what success is.  The older I get the more I see that success is measured in joy and love and not in farms and tractors.  The love I've felt this past month overwhelms the value of all of the articles God has given me dominion over.  I love to take care of his land and to take care of my family but the family comes first.

He gave us seasons so we can do each plant, tend, harvest, and enjoy.  This is the joy season.  Yesterday there were 2 pots of chili on the woodstove while kids and grandkids enjoyed each other's company on or behind the snowmobile.  That gives me great joy.  How many kids and grandkids even have that opportunity?  They don't take it lightly so they give us great joy in return.

Jesus was missing from his family for 3 days when he was 12.  Can you imagine the angst his parents had looking for him for 3 days?  Some parents go nuts if their kids are gone 3 minutes, let alone 3 hours or 3 days!  Have I been missing from my family?  I haven't so much this year but I can sure see where I did it in the past!

Winter is the season for closeness, we have huddle together just to keep warm!  It will be too soon when winter is gone and it is time to plant once more.  My 51st year to plant is close!  There is so much to do before I plant that crop.  I have gypsum, lime and fertilizer to spread and new tile to repair.  I have to figure out how to control my pests, mainly weeds.  That will have to wait now that we have a real winter at hand once more.

It's my main job to see that I help keep my family holy.  That's a pretty big job for anyone but especially for me.  I could get lost at the NoTill Conference and come home with my head in the clouds.  I might do that because I have in the past.

Learning is one thing, practicing what you learn is whole 'nother ballgame.

It's time to play ball!

Ed
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ▼  2012 (43)
    • ▼  December (31)
      • New Year's Eve
      • Holy Family
      • Quiet
      • Email
      • "7 Qualities Every Farmer Should Have"
      • On the Log
      • Merry Christmas!
      • How I Write My Blog
      • Farm Pics
      • Lack of Love
      • 100,000 BTU's
      • 36?
      • 63
      • Farm History?
      • Adapt-N
      • Soil Sampling In December?
      • Christmas Took A Hit
      • The Art Of Soil Sampling
      • SAP Test(revised)
      • So Much!
      • Day 2
      • Riverside, Iowa
      • God Parenting
      • Cut, Burlapped or Artificial?
      • Wet Spell
      • Inoculating Soybeans
      • World Soil Day
      • The Log Cabin
      • Wheat December 2012
      • Gully
      • December Auction
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile