HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 20 December 2012

36?

Posted on 06:11 by Unknown
Can you turn 63 into 36?  Some of the commercials I have seen would make you hope a woman can turn 43 to 34 and I have personally seen that.  But to turn an old crumudgeon back nearly 30 years???  "It ain't gonna happen!"

I don't feel like this black bear on a couch in a dump in Manitoba anymore yelling where in the hell is the remote!

That's like the night we bought the new farm on Greene Road a month ago.  The elderly lady cried out "I ain't signin' no papers! when her good husband of many decades raised his hand to bid!  We are still talking about that incident.

We go to close the deal this week and the attorney was my uncle's roomate in college!  Talk about a small, small world, we experienced it once again!

Look at the health differences in ages of people though.  I am sure you know what I am talking about.  The attorney is still practicing and my uncle is confined to a chair, though both are mentally sharp.  We are physical, intellecutal and spiritual, and "two out of three ain't bad!"

I can only dream about being 36 once more. That little girl who brought me her little girls and boys yesterday for my big surprise was only 4 years old!  My, that time has passed quickly in so many ways.  But it's been 27 years, too, so what have I accomplished?

Thanks to addressing life with my physical, intellectual and spiritual powers I have done quite well, thank you.  I made a lot of mistakes but by continually addressing those three gifts I have seen great things.  It's been "A Wonderful Life!"

So much more could be left at 63.  I still feel the warmth of yesterday.  Now I must continue to do my part.  In our readings this morning we talked about giving without excpecting anything in return.

In this Christmas season, let us pefect that!  I need to focus on giving without expecting a thing in return.  When I do, I know I have have done something right.

The winds are howling up here on the hill and it's just the start of this storm.  Here's wishing us all well through this and the many storms ahead!

Ed Winkle
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ▼  2012 (43)
    • ▼  December (31)
      • New Year's Eve
      • Holy Family
      • Quiet
      • Email
      • "7 Qualities Every Farmer Should Have"
      • On the Log
      • Merry Christmas!
      • How I Write My Blog
      • Farm Pics
      • Lack of Love
      • 100,000 BTU's
      • 36?
      • 63
      • Farm History?
      • Adapt-N
      • Soil Sampling In December?
      • Christmas Took A Hit
      • The Art Of Soil Sampling
      • SAP Test(revised)
      • So Much!
      • Day 2
      • Riverside, Iowa
      • God Parenting
      • Cut, Burlapped or Artificial?
      • Wet Spell
      • Inoculating Soybeans
      • World Soil Day
      • The Log Cabin
      • Wheat December 2012
      • Gully
      • December Auction
    • ►  November (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile