HyMarkHigh

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 26 November 2012

Diner, Not Designer

Posted on 05:40 by Unknown
When I made coffee this morning, the Eight O'Clock coffee was sitting there to use so I made coffee with it.  The last time we had it, LuAnn said that was diner coffee.  Coffee like you get in the many diners we have eaten at.  I said this is definitely diner coffee this morning and she said yes, it's diner not designer.  You should blog on that!

Are you a diner type person or designer?  I would bet I have some of both reading here but I would think there would be more of us diner types.  I do like to eat at the diner once in awhile, I even took my good friend Mr. Wilson and his wife there for lunch!  In fact I've taken many of my visitors to the little Lynchburg diner.

Designer is Starbuck's and Panera Bread type outfits to me.  I do like to stop there once in awhile, too, but I am too cheap to visit often!  My tastes were formulated on "barely getting by" and I never had anything very expensive until I got out on my own.  Victoria Station was a real treat in the 70's but the bowling alley near Mt. Orab was just as good and a more regular hangout for us.

My discussion group talked about our faith in tomorrow and the future.  I have met several struggling with faith in the last couple of weeks.  Our daily devotional included the following this morning and it summarizes it all for me.

"It's easy to lose faith when we are troubled.  As we are buffeted about by life, we may feel the faith we once had has slipped away.  We begin to feel anger towards God or life in general."

Simon Peter had his ups and downs with God.  On the night Peter would betray him, Jesus said "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you like wheat, but I have pleaded in prayer for you that your faith shall not completely fail.  So when you have repented and turn back to me again, strengthen the faith of your brothers."

Life is surely being sifted like wheat, the chaff blowing in the wind and the good kernals drop straight down.  After 62 years, I've had a lot of chaff sifted!  My family looks like pretty good kernals left.  That strengthens my faith and what I have done.  I can't give you faith, I can only share mine with you.

It's good to share my faith with you here, at the diner or at one of those designer places.  You pick the place.

Ed

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • So God Made An Ag Teacher
    "If God made a farmer, it couldn’t have been too long after that he realized he needed an Ag Teacher. He must have realized that he nee...
  • The Art Of Soil Sampling
    After this week of study, I thought about all the soil testing I have done and all I need to do.  I am going to compare the results of the M...
  • Insecticide, Bees and Trees
    A group of farmers are talking about a problem in the Cafe.  "Rent two farms from a a guy who owns a commercial apiary. He has requeste...
  • Sign of the Heart
    A neighbor and I were talking last week and he told me about mowing Canada Thistle in the sign of the heart and the weeds dying.  I looked i...
  • Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia) - Healthy or Holy
    Ed's post about alfalfa just started a war on legumes! More seriously, it reminded me of how sainfoin was one of the predominant legume...
  • $106 Trillion
    Nearly half of our national debt is money that " just disappeared ."  Our national debt is around $17 trillion and 9 trillion is m...
  • Reversing farmer demographics
    Future Farmer of America Enrollment in ag schools has been up 28% since 2004 . While these new students are not all future farmers, there ar...
  • Two Good Men
    I need two good men today .  Anyone available?  All my part time help is busy doing other jobs.  Maybe 2 men and a truck are available. I ...
  • It's 2 AM Local Time
    And here I sit wide awake!  My biological clock is off by 4-5 hours.  It was worth it though.  I am using this special time of night to reme...
  • Wild Crop Cousins
    " Wild cousins of 32 crops including wheat and sugarcane could add as much in $196 billion of value at the farm-gate level by boosting...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (257)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (31)
    • ►  July (31)
    • ►  June (30)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (29)
    • ►  March (30)
    • ►  February (23)
    • ►  January (32)
  • ▼  2012 (43)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ▼  November (12)
      • The Permafrost Is Melting
      • Hot Cider And Firewood
      • Organic Matter
      • Land Capability Classes
      • Diner, Not Designer
      • Land Bid
      • Making A Farm Cash Flow
      • What Is Your Motivation To Buy Land?
      • 1977
      • 100 Today
      • Two Good Men
      • Blessings
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile